Wednesday 30 November 2011

Simple One Bowl Cake.

While I usually use them as guidelines, I have to admit, I like to collect recipes!!!!
I do know however that there are times when one really should completely follow a recipe.... or follow it as best they can! The best example of this is when you bake!

Recently I took a look through some of my dessert recipes and discovered one that I've had for quite a few years but have never made, not even once! I read it, stunned... One bowl cake!? Why have I not tried this sooner?! I am all about easy meals, easy desserts, easy breezy goodness.

So tonight I set to making it just after supper and here is the recipe to share with you! Think of your Grandma when I tell you to remember to sift your flour for better results! ha ha! However, as per my usual, if you can't sift than oh well, I'm sure your cake will turn out just fine!

One Bowl Cake,
Recipe from an old friend's grandma, 2006

1 1/2 cups flour (or pastry flour if you will)
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup white sugar

Sift and add all ingredients together into one bowl.

Add:
6 tbsp. soft shortening
1/2 cup milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix with ingredients in bowl. Then add 2 unbeaten eggs.
Bake for 30 mins @ 350 F.

No comments:

Post a Comment